Friday, December 16, 2005

I miss Firefox

Begin Metablogging
 
Well, it's been a while since I've blogged, but you were warned if I remember correctly.  Oddly enough, if I actually manage to write the blog that seems to be oozing out of me I will not only fail to give valid reason for not blogging this extended weekend. The basic explanation is that I blog when I'm bored at work, when I'm bored at home I just find something to do or take a nap. If I could successfully nap at work I would likely never blog at all.
 
Long Weekended
 
So, after having a decent three day (sat-mon) weekend I came into work at the new building Tuesday morning ready to take on the world.  After getting myself a "coffee" I sat down at my desk and got everything all moved where I need it to be on my desktop, briefly whined about the lack of FireFox and got logged into the phone.
 
Fortunately before taking a call I opened up my schedule. Oddly enough it seemed I had the day off. I double checked my schedule for the week and noticed that, in fact, I had the next three days off. I carried my awful "instant coffee without sugar" back onto the bus and back home, where I put milk and sugar into it making it into "passable caffeine source coffee" and set about distracting myself for an additional three days.
 
Day one didn't work out very well because it was Trish's day off and she had intended to spend it alone, meanwhile my latest temporary obsession emerged which got her even more cranky.
 
The rest of day one and the rest of the surprise three days off are a little foggy.  I know I spent a good number of hours in the Kingdom of Loathing (playing, chatting, listening to the shoutcast Radio-KOL station), had 2 pots of espresso (let's say, 10 shots worth) in a 40 minute period, played a level of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, slept an awful lot, stayed up way too late a lot, took a lot of naps on the couch, read very little, somewhere, I think Tuesday i may have gone to my brother in law's birthday party at Dick's Drive in and Dairy Dip. I also ate an entire box of Cheerios... uhm... it was nice... like I was back in college again... except without hanging out in person.
 
Last night I couldn't sleep so I stayed up till like 1:30 am playing YuGiOh! with people online.
 
The New Place
 
So the new building (they moved all of the Ottawa call centers to a new mall call center) is pretty cool.  The monitors were much nicer when I came in on my day off because they were running at native resolution, which is greatly desirable with LCDs.
 
Also, the systems have the "run" command disabled, which is a minor inconvenience. The phones don't have a "mod" button to call an advanced tech which is a bit annoying. The BIG problem is that the computers don't have FireFox, or at least mine doesn't.  I guess it's not all bad, just annoying.
 
Other annoyances are that there is no more free sugar or coffee whitener in the break room, and instant coffee tastes awful black.  I think I'd be better off eating the crystals.
 
I'm focusing on the negative because I just can't see any advantage to me, the agent, at the new building. The computers are faster but I have a hard time focusing on the LCD aliased everything and there's no FireFox to enjoy the extra speed.
 
They've locked these things down real good so I can't fix it myself, I even tried execute the right .cpl file and it's blocked.
 
Finally
 
Well, I'm gonna post this now... when I manage to choke down this caffeinated sludge and it starts to make me less foggy I might make another post... I think I'll actually spell check this one.
 
Benjie
 
CURRENTLY READING: The Eye of the World
CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH: Between obsessions right now I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home