Monday, September 06, 2004

Adventures in Rollerblading

So, as it turns out, today is Labour Day. Which means
I get paid twice as much but I can't ride the bus to
work.

This story is better if I start it on wednesday...

So sometime last week I decided that my life wasn't
going the way I wanted it to so I set up this set of
rules to make my life work better Friday night I got
home from work around 1AM and instead of going to bed
like my schedule told me to, I made a blender full of
of home-brew leftover coffee inced cappucino... and
then because I didn't have room in the freezer I
decided to drink said pitcher, which I followed with a
coke, which was followed by a mountain dew, the
american kind, with caffeine in it.

So, being too tired to acctually go crazy snaky like
caffeine usually makes me, I entered a hightened sense
of semi-conciouseness. It's what I used to refer to a
becoming tetrisised (speaking of which I need to start
playing tetris again).

In any case this particular case of zoning was spent
on trying to make a unit detroy itself aftrer it
creates a building, or for a unit to become a
building. Then I got friustrated and made up a bunch
of custom merlock units. I think at one point I may
have acctually played a level of Warcraft 3, and I
think I might have written a poem. In any case I
hadn't slept when my fiancee called me at 9 in the
morning. Then I fell asleep. Then I woke up, ate,
and played around with some of the exta scenarios in
WC3.

Then I went and minded my pastors kids for 4 or 5 or
so hours. It was relatively uneventful aside from the
pizza which was very good and playing set which is a
very fun game of finding pattern in the... well you
should get it anyways...

Then I went over to my sisters placed and crashed
intending to get up in time for church, which didn't
work out... woke up around noon and played some zelda,
went for a walk with my sister and then went to
evening service, had a nice talk with someone there
then went home and foolishly didn't get to bed till
3:30 because of WC3 again... Then I woke up and went
out to catch the bus to work at 5:40.

Now, today is labour day so at 5:55 I strapped on my
rollerblades and started the relatively long 30-45
minute blade trip to work. Now, it's pretty dark at 6
in the morning, and my brain wasn't acctually working
yet but suddenly I was rollerblading along a dirt bike
path, and then I realised that I was so far in that I
wasn't going to be able to turn back. It acctually
ended up cutting out the dangerouse chunk of Conroy
that doesn't have a paved shoulder so it was pretty
good in the end. In fact just like most stories the
end sucks... you would have had to be there... and
that why my writing skills need more work... I should
have been able to express the curving twisting
tripping trip, the noise of possibly wild animals, the
constant light at the end of the tunnel feeling and
the repeated "I'm not done yet?" feelings, the sound
of cars that made me know I was getting close. It was
one of those little everyday adventures that make life
interesting.

Anyways, work is very slow today, people must not be
calling because it's a holiday and they don't expect
me to be working... poor dilluted customers...

Anyways, feeling very Zen,
Benjie



__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish.
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home