Friday, September 10, 2004

Stupid

So today I was a moron. My mom asked me to to "take the film out of
the cammera", so I opened up the back of the cammera and I'm looking
at exposed film. I was like, "Mom, the you didn't roll the film back
in!", and she was like "That's part of opening up the cammera, I
thought you said you knew how to open it!" and I was like, "No, I told
you I didn't and then you told me that I just had to pull up on this
thing, and when I did that the cammera opened"... I'm not sure whose
fault it is but I ruined a roll of pictures from the familly trip to
algonquin... grrr.

Anyways, other then that I've been switched back to the stupid evening
schedules. My days are stupid and I hate having to go to work
again... I just want to sleep, and then yell swearwords at customers
because they are morons, and then yell at my mother for making me do
something I didn't know how to do and then yelling at me and making me
feel guilty for it. We have been getting along real well and I really
need to have a good emotional argument in the near future before I
explode, I spend all day, every day in passive friendly mode and I'm
going to kill myself from pent up frustrations... that or I haven't
had enough caffeine today... something like that at least.

Life is a big competition made up of different games. The problem is
that most of those games aren't very much fun. I'll describe the
technical support game.

Setup:

You need at least two players,
- one is the designated as the support technician (the agent) and is
given extensive training about the products and services he is
supporting, high speed internet access to reasearch pretty much
anything he doesn't know, and given a well defined support boundry
- one is designated as the customer and has one or more problems


- the agent's job is to get off the phone with the customer as quickly
as possible without breaching support boundries while trying to
achieve certain service and quality goals.

- the customer get's to decide their goals and can change them
whenever they want.


Gameplay:

Starting Phase:
The customer is trying to get the agent to fix their problem without
revealing any information about themselves or their computer or their
problem and is also trying to do as little work as possible.
Alternatively the customer is trying to prove that they have done
everything that is possible to fix their problem and that they don't
need the agent's help.
Meanwhile the agent is trying to determine the nature of the problem
while simultanously taking notes, bringing up the customer's
information, and again doing the bare minimum without breaching
policy.

Phase Two: The customer is trying to convince the agent that their
problem is with the Road Runner Service while the customer is trying
to convince the customer that it is a problem with the customer's
equipment.

Phase Three: If the customer has convinced the agent that the problem
is suppported by the service agreement it is the agents job to
redirect the customer to a different department as quickly as
possible.

The winner is either the company who manages to retain a customer,
otherwise everyone loses


Most of lifes little games end up with a lot of losers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home